WHAT WE DO:
The St. Clair County Suicide Prevention Alliance is the driving force behind a shared goal to decrease the number of suicide deaths by 25% by the year 2025.
Currently, our partners focus on citizens who reside in St. Clair county and the surrounding Metro-East St. Louis Area.
HOW:The St. Clair County Suicide Prevention Alliance is comprised of individuals representing many sectors of the community who are currently conducting public awareness campaigns and providing suicide prevention education, screening, treatment and support services. The current list of partners includes:
- AgeSmart Community Resources
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Armed Forces Reserve Center
- BJC Memorial Hospital
- Blue Wall Institute
- Call for Help, Inc.
- Chestnut Health Systems
- Family Hospice Heartlinks
- Karla Smith Behavioral Health Center
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- O'Fallon Township Schools
- PTSD Climb
- Save Our Ship
- Scott Air Force Base
- Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville
- St. Clair County Board of Health
- St. Clair County Health Department
- St. Clair County Mental Health Board
- St. Clair County Regional Office of Education
- SWIC- Program & Services for Older Persons
- VA St. Louis Health Care System- Jefferson Barracks
- Wolfsberger Funeral Home
Suicide prevention and screening was identified as one of the top three community health issues by four of the five public and private healthcare providers in St. Clair County.